Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Omar S - Wayne County Hills Cops


Omar S - Wayne County Hills Cops 

FXHE



Its just past the first month of the year and this has got all the markings of a track of the year contender for me. I am not an out and out Omar S fan, that is to say I dont buy everything he puts out but when I look at the catalogue of his tracks I have picked up over the years there are so many for me that are already classics. He has an unmistakable sound, no one else can do Omar S. The beauty of his work for me is the simplicity of it, pure analogue sound that never comes across as overworked or over  produced. There is a low fi rawness to his style that so much over polished house music is lacking in these days. The Omar S remix is the cut for me, a deadly and catchy hook reels you in, the lazy claps and crisp hats ride the rhythm and the simple bass underpins some beautifully appregiated synth notes. I was hooked the first time I heard it. 

   
 

1 comment:

  1. nice uplifting omar s, not like that track jamaica! (which i am slightly obsessed by)

    ReplyDelete